Are your teeth crooked or misaligned? Maybe you’ve avoided getting braces because of their appearance or discomfort? Thankfully, modern dentistry has brought an amazing way to straighten your teeth comfortably and discreetly: Invisalign clear braces. Keep reading to learn about Invisalign in New Lenox, its benefits, and some frequently asked questions about the treatment process.
What is Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign uses a series of clear aligning trays to gradually shift your teeth into alignment. Your dentist will take images and impressions of your smile, and then they will fabricate your aligning trays accordingly. You will wear each aligner for around 2 weeks, for 20 to 22 hours a day. On average, Invisalign treatment takes between 10 and 18 months.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign clear braces have many benefits over traditional braces. Besides the fact that they are the most natural-looking orthodontics on the market, check out some of their additional advantages:
- Eating: Since Invisalign aligners are removeable, you can eat all of your favorite foods.
- Comfort: Don’t worry about brackets and wires from braces cutting the inside of your mouth. Invisalign is made with smooth plastic that fits snuggly around each tooth for a comfortable wear.
- Fewer dental visits: Gone are the days of seeing your dentist every month for adjustments for your braces. With Invisalign, you’ll see your dentist every 6 to 8 weeks just to make sure your treatment is going as planned.
- Treatment time: On average, Invisalign’s treatment time is shorter than traditional braces.
- Confidence: Go through your personal and professional lives with the confidence of knowing you’re not giving up any aesthetic disadvantages while straightening your teeth.
How Can I Take Care of My Aligners?
Rinse your clear braces every night and brush them gently with a toothbrush. Be sure to use soft bristles to avoid scratching your aligners. Additionally, don’t use hot water because it could warp the plastic. You should also clean your teeth after eating foods rich in color that cause stains. It’s important to make sure you’re not inserting food debris into your aligners because it can lead to discoloration.
How Much Does Invisalign Treatment Cost?
The cost of your Invisalign treatment will range depending on your smile, where you live, and your type of dental insurance. Although Invisalign treatment tends to cost more than braces, patients say the investment is well-worth it because of the many advantages they have over traditional orthodontics.
Does it sound like you could benefit from Invisalign? Contact your cosmetic dentist in New Lenox to get started on a great-looking and comfortable smile alignment process.
About the Practice
At Atrium Family Dental, we have a team of 3 dentists who each have a passion for providing quality dentistry. They take pride in offering Invisalign treatment as a way to give their patients straight smiles without the hassle of braces. For any questions, they can be contacted through their website or by phone at (815) 462-9990.