Invisalign® - New Lenox
Enjoy Straighter Teeth Without Metal Braces
At Atrium Family Dental, Dr. Albert, Dr. Snow, and Dr. Stylski all understand the importance of maintaining a polished appearance in the professional world. Many older patients dream of achieving a straighter smile that’s free of noticeable crookedness and gaps, but they can’t commit to wearing noticeable metal braces for months or years on end. Thankfully, there’s an alternative here in New Lenox, IL: Invisalign Clear Braces! Like the name implies, this treatment is nicely subtle and image-friendly. If you’re interested in learning whether or not it’s right for your unique smile, schedule a consultation today.
Why Choose Us for Invisalign?
- Certified Invisalign Provider
- Cosmetically Friendly Orthodontics – No “Mouthful of Metal”
- Customized, Comprehensive Smile Makeover Plans
How Does Invisalign Treatment Work?
Invisalign doesn’t use brackets or wires to gradually straighten teeth – instead, this modern system relies on a series of customized, clear aligners. Each aligner will represent a different stage of the patient’s teeth as they’re guided towards the proper places, and they’ll be worn for around two weeks at a time. The clear plastic nature of the aligners is also highly comfortable in the mouth and likely won’t even be noticed by most people you pass in a day unless they look closely.
Patients who commit to Invisalign treatment will need to visit our dentists at Atrium Family Dental every six weeks on average so that we can check their progress. We will also provide the next set of aligners during this time. This service is best suited to smiles with mild to moderate orthodontic issues, such as the following:
- Gaps between teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Misaligned bite
If the problems are too severe, traditional braces may be recommended instead.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligners?
- If your top priority is to maintain a natural appearance throughout orthodontic treatment, look no further than Invisalign. The aligners are extremely discreet to the point that patients may forget they’re wearing them in the first place.
- Invisalign aligners can be removed from the mouth at any time, although patients will need to plan to wear them for at least 22 hours each day to maximize the success of their treatment plan. You will be able to eat all of your favorite foods and even chew gum, as well as brush and floss at home without having to navigate tricky wires and brackets. If you’d like to look your very best for a photo or a special event, it’s even fine to take out the aligner as long as you remember to put it back in before too much time has passed.
- Orthodontic wires and brackets may poke or irritate the gum tissue over time. Thankfully, Invisalign aligners are crafted from a smooth, high-quality plastic that feels very comfortable when worn.
- While every patient’s needs are different, most people can expect to complete Invisalign treatment in 12-18 months. This is a significant improvement over traditional braces, which often have to be worn upwards of two years.
Invisalign for Teens
Invisalign Teen is very similar to traditional Invisalign treatment, but it does have a few distinct tweaks that are better suited to younger patients. Your son or daughter will have access to a greater number of replacement aligners if their current one is badly damaged or lost, and the aligners themselves contain a blue dot that will change to clear or white over time to show that it’s being worn correctly. This also helps teenagers remember when it’s time to switch to the next one in the set!
Invisalign FAQs – New Lenox, IL
Do you want to know more about how Invisalign treatment can straighten teeth in New Lenox? At Atrium Family Dental, we believe in giving our patients all the information they need to make informed decisions about their dental health. That is why our team has compiled some of the most common questions and answers about Invisalign in this handy FAQ section below. If you still have more questions after reading, please do not hesitate to give us a call!
Can I Benefit from Invisalign if I Had Metal Braces in the Past?
It is not uncommon for teeth to shift over long periods of time, even with prior orthodontic treatment. However, Invisalign treatment can safely and effectively shift teeth back into the desired position regardless! So, even if you had metal braces years ago in high school but are currently unhappy with the alignment of your teeth, you can likely benefit from Invisalign in New Lenox. The best part? This time around, you can straighten your smile without having to repeat the experience of having uncomfortable and unsightly metal brackets and wires in your mouth.
Are Invisalign Trays Chemically Safe for My Mouth?
Invisalign treatment is a perfectly safe way to realign your smile and will not cause any serious bodily harm. Invisalign aligners are crafted from medical-grade polyurethane plastic, a material that has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for long-term use in the body. The revolutionary clear braces do not contain any harmful chemical compounds such as Bisphenol A (BPA), parabens, latex, phthalates, glutaraldehyde or epoxy, according to the manufacturer.
How Long Do I Have to Wear Invisalign Aligners to Straighten My Smile?
Ultimately, the length of your custom Invisalign treatment will depend in large part on your unique teeth and smile goals. However, generally speaking, Invisalign treatment is typically able to straighten a person’s smile in just 12 to 18 months. This is significantly shorter than traditional metal braces, which must often be worn for up to two years or more!
You can help ensure the speediness of your own Invisalign treatment plan by wearing your aligners as directed by your dentist – typically 20 to 22 hours a day – and practicing excellent oral hygiene at home.
How Do I Clean My Aligners?
Preventing plaque and bacteria from building up on your Invisalign aligners is important to both protect your teeth and complete your treatment on schedule. When cleaning your aligners, be sure to:
- Using a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste
- Hold the aligners in your hand and brush gently but thoroughly
- Rinse the aligners in lukewarm – never hot – water.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Because everyone’s teeth are unique, there is no one-size-fits all cost for Invisalign treatment. Instead, the overall cost of Invisalign is influenced by a number of factors, including:
- The complexity of the case (e.g., what orthodontic corrections are desired)
- The number of sets of aligners required to complete treatment
- Whether the patient wears their aligners for the prescribed number of hours every day
The good news is that if your dental insurance already covers traditional orthodontic treatment, your plan likely covers clear braces treatment like Invisalign as well. Be sure to check with your insurance provider, however, before electing to move forward with any orthodontic treatment.