Are you like 75 percent of American’s who have some anxiety when visiting the dentist’s office? Worry no more, read on for a few good ways to ease your mind before you sit down in our dental chair.
- Tell us! Please, let Dr. Shane Sudman and his staff know that you are anxious about your appointment. Tell us on the phone. When making your appointment, make sure to to tell us so we can make you feel comfortable from your first encounter with us.
- Don’t schedule your appointment on a tight schedule. We know everyone is busy these days, but it is far better to feel calm on your way in. Try not to schedule anything too pressing right after your visit.
- Wear comfortable, breathable clothing. Nothing too tight or restrictive, or anything that will make you more hot and sweaty.
- Breathe. Try to get to our office a few minutes early. Sit down, look at the fireplace, enjoy our comfy chairs and couch. Enjoy our inviting decor, we like to think of our waiting room more of a living room than a stark dental office.
- Remind us of your fears. We are happy to listen to you and help you through your anxiety. We know it’s tough to voice what you are feeling. Tell us exactly what you need from us, your expectations can be met if you help our staff understand what you need.
- Take deep breaths, and close your eyes. This may be the only time in your day you get a chance to lay down, and not have to talk to anyone….enjoy it.
We hope to see you soon, anxiety free and ready for your next appointment. Please let us know what we can do for you to make your visit more enjoyable and comfortable. Our staff is committed to making your visit to our office the best possible dental visit you can have.